Monday, January 30, 2012

GUEST GALLERY: Neil Armstrong´s F-104N 1/72 by RICARDO RODRIGUEZ.

This original F-104 monument was once flown by Neil Armstrong. Now is displayed in the Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University campus, Prescott, Arizona. It is painted with zenithal light effect to reinforce the illumination and imitate the contrast of the sunlight. 
For more info click on the assembly process link.
Ricardo is a really skilled modeller who loves trying new products and techniques. This F-104 is one of his fastest works and he built it specially for the Basic Modelling Guide. I´ll post some of his more elaborated pieces soon.

Q










[linked image]
[linked image]

6 comments:

  1. Thanks in the name of Ricardo.
    I absolutely agree with you, Robert.

    Q

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is undoubtedly a master piece done by a real master artist,,, impressive tutorial, amazing techniques, I am just speechless and I thought I had seen everything in modelling, really a MASTER

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely build of a beautiful aircraft, love the fine fine rivet and toned down shading

    ReplyDelete
  4. I first want to echo the kudos above. A fine model and a great tutorial. I am embarrassed to ask an ignorant question, though. Simply because I do not understand, coming back to modeling after over 30 years, and in no way judgemental. Why does everyone work so hard these days to make their models so unrealistic? I'm referring to all of the shading of panel lines and such. Look back and forth between the photos and the model. They do not look alike except for the having the same shape.

    Thanks for your understanding and patience with me.
    Bob

    ReplyDelete